International Admissions Information
Fall Semester - July 1st
Spring Semester -November 15th
- Students who are required to apply for student visas at the US Embassy/Consulate in their home country must apply before the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be considered the following semester.
- Students who are already in the U S. may continue to apply after the deadline dates
- F-1 international students must submit a completed Albany State University admissions application with required documents.
- Send a non-refundable application fee of $20.00 (U.S.), made payable to the Albany State University, with the applications for admission. ($25 if applying online) The application fee can be paid by credit card, by an electronic check drawn on a U.S. bank, or with a bank draft or money order, payable in U.S. dollars to Albany State University. Applications will not be processed without the application fee.
- Request official copies of high school, secondary school, and post-secondary school records to be sent directly to the Office of International Education. Any non-American style transcript needs to be translated into English and course-by-course evaluated by a credential evaluation service such as Josef Silny & Associates or WES. In lieu of high school graduation, a GED with satisfactory scores is acceptable.
- List of Professional Academic Credential Evaluation Agencies website: OR
English Language Proficiency
Completion of a test of English language proficiency is required of all international students and scholars. Please refer to the chart below for approved exams and minimum standards or some other University Systen of Georgia approved evaluation of English.
江苏快3在线计划The minimum and recommended scores acceptable for admission: (Meet a minimum of 1 below)
Minimum Score for Admission* Recommended Score for Admission Internet TOEFL 69 79 Paper TOEFL (only accepted until October 2019) 523 550 IELTS 6 6.5 Old SAT (administered prior to March 2016) Critical Reading section 430 New SAT (administered March 2016 or later) Reading test 24 ACT English 17 EIKEN Pre-1 MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) 77 Cambridge English Scale Score - which can be demonstrated in B2 First (First Certificate in English -FCE), C1 Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English - CAE) or C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English - CPE) 169 177 Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) IGCSE and “O” Level “English” exams “D” or Better UK GCSE “English” exam “C” or Better UK GCE A-Level “English” exam “C” or Better EdExcel International A-Levels and IGCSE English exams “D” or Better Pearson (PTE) Academic 53 58 Completion of an approved USG campus-based ESL program of study. Per USG approval. A waiver of the English proficiency requirement can be applied to students who have successfully completed academic instruction in English. Successful completion can be demonstrated by one of the following methods: 1) Proof of degree at the secondary or collegiate level either outside or inside the U.S. where English is the official language of academic instruction. 2) Proof of completion of the equivalent of English 1101 and/or 1102 with a grade of C or better in one or both courses, at an accredited U.S. institution. Students who are required to take Compass or Accuplacer placement tests, may be waived of the English Proficiency requirement if the calculated EPI places them directly into college level English with no required co-requisite.
- Send health care provider-validated immunization record (with certified English translation if necessary) to the Office of International Admissions. Students will need the following immunizations proven: Measles, Mumps, and Rubella 1&2, Tetanus & Diphtheria, Varicella (if born after 1980), and Hepatitis B (if under 18 years old). A negative TB Test must also be submitted. Click for ASU Certificate of Immunization Form
- International students must provide documentation that they have sufficient resources to cover tuition, room and board health insurance and other living expenses before receiving an I-20. Send an OFFICIAL letter from the bank stating a dollar amount of readily available deposits, in U.S. currency, to the Office of International Education. Include a letter from sponsor or ASU Declaration of Finance form.
- If the bank statement is not in the student’s name, a financial support affidavit must be provided and signed by the sponsor along with the sponsors contact information. The cost of attendance for Fall & Spring is $22,000 for 2 years programs; $28,000 for 4-year programs and Graduate School.
- For out of country F-1 students – Upon entry into the U.S., bring your I-20, passport with student visa, and 1-94 card to Office of International Education for copying.
- For F-1 students transferring from another college or university in the U.S. – Send I-20 from your current school, passport with student visa, and I-94 card front and back, and completed Transfer Clearance Form from current school to the Office of International Education.
- Non-immigrant visa holders – a notarized copy of the front and back of your 1-94, your passport bio page, and your visa.
- Applicants for Permanent Residency – notarized photocopies of your passport bio page,
and any two of the following documents:
- Your I-94 card ( You can print this out on online at
- Your valid EAD card
- Any notices of action from the INS (less than 6 months old)
- A letter from the lawyer (if applicable) who filed your application for permanent residency. The letter should state the current status of your application
- Asylees and Refugees – notarized photocopies of your passport bio page, your I-94 and/or passport stamp authorizing asylum or refugee status, your passport bio page, your EAD card (if available), and any other documents you may have received from the USCIS
|Admin Staff Office Hours||Monday – Friday|
|8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Contact Information for OIE||Telephone: 229-500-2021|
|Fax: (229) 903-1922|
|Office Location for OIE||Billy C. Black Building, Room 391|
|504 College Drive, Albany, GA 31705|
|Social Media Sites for OIE||Facebook:|